Thursday 4 April 2013

Nailed It

Rainbow leopard print, neon aztecs, and holographic houndstooth. Sound a little scary? Then keep on reading.

If you're like me and tend to stick comfortably to the dark end of the colour spectrum (I blame it on the Scottish weather), then the mere thought of neon or rainbow anything will have you running in the opposite direction. However, a new phenomenon has hit the streets, and I have well and truly jumped on the band wagon. Nail art is my new favourite thing.

Intricate patterns of every style and colour are now ten minute jobs thanks to brands like Models Own teaming up with nail art professionals 'WAH nails' to create the 'nail art pen', which conveniently comes in many, many different colours. All you need is a base colour (or two), a nail art pen and a steady hand and you're good to go.

Instagram, Tumblr and countless other photo/blogging sites make for the perfect places for nail-spiration. Take a look at patterns of wallpapers, fabrics or animals to get some top ideas... Or you could do what I do and just hit up the WAH nails website and copy theirs.

Nail art is the perfect way to add some excitement into your oh so dreary winter closet, and I am most definitely a fan! Here are some of my favourite styles by WAH nails, along with some of my attempts. Enjoy!

D x





No comments:

Post a Comment