Monday 8 April 2013

08/04/13










worn to a family dinner.

jumper - vintage (knitted by my great gran)
trousers - H&M - £15.00
shirt - Urban Outfitters - £35
shoes - New Look - £25 (I think)
crystal ring - Topshop - £8
chain bracelet - Rokit Vintage - £5
all other jewellery - my gran's and great gran's

love the combination of the hard and soft between the jumper and the trousers. jewellery is the key to this outfit. never be afraid to mix and match with silver and gold - I think it adds to the vintage style wearing an outfit like this. I think chains are so great with a plain shirt, they instantly make an outfit a little more exciting. this ring from topshop is my new favourite, have hardly taken it off since i bought it. excuse the scuffs on these shoes, they have been well loved! 

to tell you the truth, I wouldn't recommend these trousers from h&m. this material and an elasticated waist do not get along.. resulting in a particularly odd looking crotch. I never wear these without a top that covers it. it's definitely worth investing in a good pair of leather trousers if you have the money, but if you're skint like me these are a reasonable alternative.

hope everyone's having a good holiday.
Dx

No comments:

Post a Comment